The Technical Domain has overall responsibility to explore and coordinate the investigation and where desirable facilitate buildingSMART’s engagement with fundamental technical advancements which may enhance or accelerate the provision of robust openBIM solutions to users. The Technical Room’s specific remit is the coordination of the core technical development of the IFC model and associated technical standards to safely, rigorously and in a commercially viable manner support the development of openBIM to fully meet users’ needs and ambitions.
- Pursue innovative programs to align with the fast-moving digitization of the industry
- Ensure buildingSMART benefits from that latest technical research and advances from university or industry and develops an active technical community
- Continuously develop, improve and maintain the IFC specification and support its implementation in IFC compatible software
- Proactively support interfaces with other standards and working platforms such as geospatial and web standards.
- Develop workflow enabling toolkits
- Enable strategic implementations of buildingSMART standards
UK & Ireland contacts & activities:
As each UK & Ireland Room comes on line, we will include information about the activities here.
They will also appear as news alerts, so please sign up to be notified!