The purpose of the Infrastructure Domain is to combine, enhance and develop open standards for intelligent data, which enable process and data integration for Infrastructure. The scope includes information exchange and process standards to support effective management of the constructed built environment and linking and integrating across BIM and GIS. The Infrastructure Room leads buildingSMART efforts in a number of areas, including those for roads, bridges, tunnels, ports and waterways. To understand the Infrastructure Room purpose in more detail please refer to the Infrastructure Room Roadmap and this White Paper from the IR Roadmap Working Group.
- Enable data exchange based on open standards for the planning, realization and maintenance of infrastructure works and ultimately all aspects of the built environment
- Enable the exchange of information and open data access between asset management databases
- Enable enduring archives of asset information based on open standards
- Enable life cycle information management for infrastructure based on open standards
- Enable the merging of project related information e.g. requirements and risks, with asset information
UK & Ireland contacts & activities:
As each UK & Ireland Room comes on line, we will include information about the activities here.
They will also appear as news alerts, so please sign up to be notified!