The Sustainability Energy Management Room (SEMR) has recently been established at buildingSMART International to ensure a more sustainable future for the built asset industry. The new Room aims to develop and increase the use of open digital BIM standards for the optimum management of building energy requirements to address energy management, waste, and, to create innovation opportunities.
The mission and goals of the SEMR are defined in the Room Charter.
- Enabling energy consumption, understanding carbon footprint and evaluating circular economy aspects in the design of innovative solutions.
- • Enabling users to make informed decisions in design, build and operation based on a comprehensive connected data model of their buildings incorporating a full electrical network, control network and the energy forecasted behaviour.
- • To anticipate and specify digital ways of working at the earliest stage of an assets life whether it be new build or refurbishment
- • Complementing the existing buildingSMART Industry Foundation Class (IFC) open standard, by integration of the Normalised Electrical Model (NEM) to enable more efficient working in the electrical design domain.
- • Linking the electrical network and building management system to the building and mechanical and plumbing system model.
UK & Ireland contacts & activities:
As each UK & Ireland Room comes on line, we will include information about the activities here.
They will also appear as news alerts, so please sign up to be notified!