The purpose of the Regulatory Room is helping project owners and regulatory authorities benefit from the use of openBIM. The vision is an automated regulatory process, achieved by supporting gradual change in workflow from manual to automated, to safeguard the legal perspective.
- Standardize processes, work-flows and procedures for regulators based on openBIM and support them with tools, guidelines and manuals
- Support interoperability between Regulatory, Requirements and Recommendatory (RRR) content
- Provide an open discussion room for each government’s building regulators, researchers, and implementers to promote openBIM based processes and collaborative issues
- Be an arena for government regulatory bodies to share information, inspire and implement automated code checking using openBIM standards including ISO 16739 in real life situations.
- Lead and manage projects and initiatives to facilitate and influence adoption by stakeholders.
UK & Ireland contacts & activities:
As each UK & Ireland Room comes on line, we will include information about the activities here.
They will also appear as news alerts, so please sign up to be notified!