Maximising Valuable Whole Life Outcomes Through Information Management
Asset managers typically are managing many assets, supplied by many organisations/ suppliers over extended periods of time and data is essential to achieving outcomes efficiently potentially over decades.
Third party software vendors and the data structures used to support this software often does not support interoperability, both short- and long-term, leading to significant challenges for asset owners over the asset lifecycle.
This presentation will cover a range of important topics:
- How data/ information supports asset management decision making and the role of information management (ISO 19650)
- Explaining what interoperability is
- Applying the right expertise to achieve these goals
- Tools and methods to support interoperability (Standard Information Approach)
- Discussion about current challenges and future requirements
The speakers, Fiona Moore and Julian Schwarzenbach, are both members of the GIIG – within nima, a group of experts in information management drawn from all corners of the built and managed environment sector focussing on coaching and supporting the sector to achieve better information interoperability across the whole asset lifecycle and client portfolios.