The mission of the Airport Room is to develop and deploy open digital standards for the airport environment. The unification of digital airport standards will enable more efficient working from the common supply chain and create a uniform approach for the industry.
- Unification of specified digital open and neutral standards used in the airport industry to enable more efficient and effective practices
- Enabling economies of scale with the supply chain and maintenance suppliers
- Linking to the wider buildingSMART environment to allow airport Asset Managers to use the buildingSMART developments in their portfolio
- Completing the existing standards with airport-specific objects, data and processes
- Integration of these standards to align the building, infrastructure and airport processes, to complete the airport context
- Enabled asset management decisions based on cost, risk and performance derived from BIM for the entire lifecycle of airport facilities
- Innovative solutions decisions designed to reduce disruption at airports and more easily repurpose facilities
- Collaboration with the other buildingSMART rooms to maximize the efficiency in reuse of existing information
UK & Ireland contacts & activities:
As each UK & Ireland Room comes on line, we will include information about the activities here.
They will also appear as news alerts, so please sign up to be notified!